• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Double mash water volume showa as single mash

ImperialStout

Brewer
Reaction score
Brewing a beer with 20 pounds of grain, mash in a 10 gal cooler. Need 11.5 gal water in two equal additions. Software shows 13 gal in one addition, that would overfill the 10 gal MT.

Saving new version overwrites the old. Would expect both versions to be saved for comparison. Only way to save new version is to rename new recipe. This problem was noted at least back in 2011, apparently not fixed yet.

The "version" field is nothing but another field in the recipe.  Saving a recipe after changing the version field will do just as you have noted.  However, if you change the field and then choose save-as, BS2 will create a new recipe name with the version number tacked onto the end of the recipe. 

I still don't like it, and think its a kludgy way to implement it.  But, its slightly better than nothing.  I'm not aware that Brad has plans to do anything more, ahem, elegant.

Thanks. I just rename the the recipe, using the same name and adding a 2 or 3 as applies. Had thought the software would do that. Small problem.

Back