• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I want to add Beersmith on another computer

F

Fuzzuy

I have my Beersmith program running on my work computer and would like to add it to my home computer also so that I can use the tools and features while I am brewing.  How do I copy my recipes and equipment profiles (basically everything I have done at my work computer) to my home laptop?  Also, what are the system requirements (my laptop is running windows 2000).

Fuzzy,
 Select your "My Recipes" folder, and then use the "Export As" command on the File menu.  Save it to a file and it will export the recipes.    On your other computer use either the Import and Merge command on the file menu to import them into your "My Recipes" folder.

You can use the same process to export your equipment database - select it and then use the export as command to save it to an equipment file.  All of the other databases (grains, etc) work the same way.

Just be sure you have the correct folder selected before you export and also make sure you have the same folder selected on your other computer when you import and merge.

Cheers!
Brad

Back