• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Disabling ingredients in design tab

jakeotr

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Brad....love the software.....I would like to be able to temporarily disable ingredients in design tab. This would be for adjusting/modifying an existing recipe, which I do a lot. If you could disable a hop for example, have the area grey out and be taken out of the recipe calculation, while still seeing the old numbers while making your new adjustments, ie weights, ibus, etc. Another example would be if I have a recipe that has corn sugar in it........I don't add the sugar till the end of boil, so I would like to know what the pre-boil is without the sugar factored in, disabling temporarily would allow me to do this without deleting the ingredient, getting my info, then closing and reopening the recipe. Thanks

Regarding late extract/sugar additions and preboil gravity... That is actually a bug. Brad has said that he will fix it in the next release. 

That's a very good idea.

Another similar twist could be to Lock Ingredient Values. This way, for example, if a recipe has 3 types of hops and you want to adjust bitterness but keep a certain type fixed, you first lock this type and use the Adjust Gravity option to only change the other two. Same concept can work with malts and the Adjust Gravity and Adjust Color options.

Back