• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Sparging - View Sparge Water Amt & Temp

S

stangbat

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only place I can find that gives my sparge water volume and temperature is on a brewsheet.  Why is the sparge water amount and temperature not listed in the Mash Profile in the Recipe View?  Is there any other way to view sparge water volume without switching over to a brewsheet preview?

Yep.

What irks me is in the brew sheet the dough in and mash out (or whatever your steps are) are listed in quarts, and y our sparge in gallons (I know you can change the sparge to quarts, right?) but why not change the steps in your mash to gallons?

or show both!!

Ok I figured out how to make my mash steps into gallons, or make the sparge water into quarts (changes the batch sizes to quarts too). 

Cool enough. Now if they'd show both ;)  I measure out my water in quarts..  although I should start doing it merely by weight.

Yes,
  Currently sparge water shows up only on the brewsheet.  I just made a note to add it to the list of displayable fields so you can easily add it to any template in a future version.

As you noticed you can adjust the mash volume units from the options dialog (Units tab).  You can switch to gallons if you like there.

Cheers!
Brad

Back