• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom mash profile

brianbgarber

Apprentice
Reaction score
I wanted to modify a built in mash schedule (trying to replicate recipes out of the Noonan book) and noticed something strange. I modified one of the steps and when you edit the step, my modified values are there. But, when you go back up to the mash profile, the original description is there as well as when you go to print. It's as if my changes didn't take effect.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

Try "saving as" to a new profile.  Like "My Mash".  then you will have it forever to use in other beers.

Thanks for the reply Tigger,

Sorry for such a noob question. I'm thinking about moving from ProMash to BeerSmith and it's quite a bit different.

So if I understand correctly, I should be able to make a custom mash profile and save that as is. But, the problem I'm having (and perhaps this is the difference with ProMash) is that BeerSmith seems more (I'll call it) tightly coupled in terms of the recipe/mash parameters. I think I just need more time playing around with the software to make my numbers match the recipes in the book.

Also remember that if you make any changes to any "profiles" within a recipe, the changes stay with that recipe.  If you make changes to a profile from the profile section and expect to see those changes automaticallyt updated in a recipe, they won't be there.  You must reselect that profile from within the recipe to update those changes and save.

Hope that's not too confusing.

Back