• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Corona? (moved from All grain)

beernbourbon

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Cincinnati Ohio...Home of the resurrected Christia
Since I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack at times, I originally posted this in the AG forum, but realized with much sheepy thoughts...duh...belongs here.

Found a recipe for a Lite American Lager/Corona type.... another request of a BIL....
Not a huge fan, but he asked, so, here we go:
The original recipe was way off the chart for bitterness, and way low on the ABV.....so I made some adjustments, but not sure if I did the right things.... I increased the 6 row from 1lb to 1.5lbs, and changed the hops from whole to pellet, but revised the boil times to adjust for this change.
Not sure about the enzyme in the fermenter, but it was in there, so there it is.
Lemme know what ya'll think....and if someone has a sub for the rice syrup....if I should even change that....? I've not seen it at the supply houses....but 88Q suggested I try health food store?

Recipe: Don's Coyote
Brewer: Scott Lindgren
Asst Brewer:
Style: Lite American Lager
TYPE: Partial Mash
Taste: (30.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 7.00 gal
Post Boil Volume: 5.87 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.00 gal 
Bottling Volume: 4.25 gal
Estimated OG: 1.041 SG
Estimated Color: 4.9 SRM
Estimated IBU: 10.3 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 99.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt                  Name                                    Type          #        %/IBU       
1 lbs 8.0 oz          Corn, Flaked (1.3 SRM)                  Grain        1        20.7 %       
1 lbs 8.0 oz          Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM)          Grain        2        20.7 %       
1 lbs                Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM)                    Grain        3        13.8 %       
4.0 oz                Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM)    Grain        4        3.4 %       
3 lbs                Rice Extract Syrup (7.0 SRM)            Extract      5        41.4 %       
0.50 oz              Saaz [4.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min            Hop          6        7.2 IBUs     
0.25 oz              Saaz [4.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min            Hop          7        1.8 IBUs     
1.00 tsp              Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 mins)              Fining        8        -           
0.25 oz              Saaz [4.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min            Hop          9        1.3 IBUs     
0.50 tsp              Amylase Enzyme (Primary 3.0 days)        Other        10      -           

Mash Schedule: BIAB, Light Body
Total Grain Weight: 7 lbs 4.0 oz
----------------------------
Name              Description                            Step Temperat Step Time   
Saccharification  Add 32.45 qt of water at 152.8 F        147.9 F      90 min       
Mash Out          Heat to 168.0 F over 7 min              168.0 F      10 min       

Sparge: Remove grains, and prepare to boil wort

Back