• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Improve Printing page

slapshot

Apprentice
Reaction score
Please improve the printing page in the next release.  If there is a way to modify the print page with the changes I want listed below, please tell me and I'll do the necessary research to figure it out (and please excuse this post).

1.  Currently fermentation information is listed under "Carbonation and Storage".  I'd like to see it listed under a section named "Fermentation" as the information is sorta hidden among the carbonation details. 

Also, the fermentation information that is currently listed is very limited.  Since I sometimes want to change the temperature in steps through fermentation I would like to see those steps listed (temp and related time period).

2.  "Carbonation and Storage" doesn't list the temperature I want to carbonate at which is useful when kegging.

3.  Please include the starter information I supplied to a particular recipe.  The suggest "Fermentation" section would be a great location.

4.  "Mash Profile" doesn't list the infusion water temperature.

5.  "Mash Profile" doesn't list the mash length of time.  Since it doesn't for a single infusion mash, I have doubts it would for a multi-step mash.

6.  Provide the value of the "Total Water Needed" on the print out as well.

7.  Provide the estimated pre-boil gravity value.

A lot of what you want is in the report called "brewsheet." It sounds like you may be using the Classic Recipe report.

the Brewsheet report addresses your items 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

I can see where adding starter info would be useful. Have you tried adding it as an ingredient under yeast?

Carbonation temperature is listed as Storage Temperature in Classic Recipe. And as "Age For" in the Brewsheet.

For your item 5, both reports show the rest as "Step Time." No, they don't say how long the whole mash time length is. How would that information be important? It seems to me that the individual steps are listed and how long it takes you to get to each may be different each time you brew.

I've created my own brewing process sheet by copying the brewsheet to the reports folder and using Notepad++ to edit it. I'm not a programmer, I just copy the commands that are there.

brewfun said:
A lot of what you want is in the report called "brewsheet." It sounds like you may be using the Classic Recipe report.

the Brewsheet report addresses your items 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

I can see where adding starter info would be useful. Have you tried adding it as an ingredient under yeast?

Carbonation temperature is listed as Storage Temperature in Classic Recipe. And as "Age For" in the Brewsheet.

For your item 5, both reports show the rest as "Step Time." No, they don't say how long the whole mash time length is. How would that information be important? It seems to me that the individual steps are listed and how long it takes you to get to each may be different each time you brew.

I've created my own brewing process sheet by copying the brewsheet to the reports folder and using Notepad++ to edit it. I'm not a programmer, I just copy the commands that are there.

How do I access different reports, specifically the "brew sheet"?  I don't see that in any of the menu commands or Preferences.

"Carbonation temperature is listed as Storage Temperature in Classic Recipe. And as "Age For" in the Brewsheet."
Ah that must be what "Storage Temperature" is.  I would like for the report to use Carbonation temperature which I believe is more commonly used and used in the application.

#5.  I actually now see the mash steps and temperature in the report.

When you go to your recipe folder and highlight a recipe, a window under the recipe should open. You can slide this up, if you'd like. In that window pane, there is a selector for which report you want to see. You can also set any of them as your default under the view tab.

Back