• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error: Another Copy of Beersmith is Already Running.

Notown

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am on a MacBook Pro running 10.8.2 and am receiving the following error:

Beersmith
Another copy of BeerSmith is already running.  You may only run one copy at a time.

I have this installed on only one computer, I was using the software yesterday no problem so my thought is it may not have closed out properly when I rebooted it into Windows 8 last night.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Larry

Hey Larry,

I get that when the software is running and I try and open a recipe from the web or try and open a .bsmx... from the hard drive...

Other than that, I got nutin

Toy4rick

I am getting the error when I try to open the app.  I am brewing tomorrow, hopefully I can get it working before then.

Try opening the task manager [ctrl-alt-del in windows] and look for any process that looks like it is related to BeerSmith and kill the process. I have seen a couple of instances when closing the program did not release all the "hooks". Or just reboot the puter, assuming BS is not auto run at startup.

Thanks for the help. 

I found another post of someone else having the same issue and Brad posted a fix for OS X computes.

I was able to get my recipe and will be brewing in the morning!

Back