• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error when saving recipe - Assertion failed! - then crash

beerymcgee

Apprentice
Reaction score
Intermittently, when I save a recipe to my cloud folder, I get the following error:
Assertion failed! - [File .\BData.cpp:2728 compiled May  7 2012]

After I dismiss that error, I get this wxWidgets Debug Alert:
.\SLib.cpp(826): assert "0" failed in SLib::SAssert().
Call stack:
[00] free

I dismiss the alert, then the error repeats a few times and BeerSmith crashes.

BeerSmith version: 2.1.02
Recipes that have caused this error have all been born in BeerSmith2 (not imported), and have been saving to the cloud folder.

Thanks,
  Are you using the "save" button or "Ok" button.  I've heard of a few people having trouble with "Save" (not sure why but I'm trying to track it down), but the Ok button seems to work.

Brad

I'm not sure what beerymcgee's answer is, but I have had the same problem. I clicked on the Save button.

In addition, I now can no longer access that recipe. I get the following:

Error - Recipe is currently open for editing on another computer - please retry later

At this point I only have it installed on one computer and it is marked as private. So there is no possibility it is actually open elsewhere.

Hello!
I have got the same problem. BeerSmith 2 do not want to save my own new recipes and the recipes, which I download from BeerSmithRecipes. And the same problem with folders, which I have tried to create. I have tried all your advises.I am very upset. Please someone help me!!!  :'(

I have run into this issue as well. Running BS on debian 7.

It seems to happen most often with new cloud recipes with a lot of changes (Murphy's law). If I save after every little change it doesn't happen as much. But I could probably reproduce the issue consistently by creating a new recipe, adding the ingredients, then clicking "Save".

Hello!
I have got the same problem. BeerSmith 2 do not want to save my own new recipes and the recipes, which I download from BeerSmithRecipes. And the same problem with folders, which I have tried to create. I have tried all your advises.I am very upset. Please someone help me!!! 

I'm getting this exact problem. Did it ever get fixed?

Back