• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

FIXED ! No fix yet for "Another Copy is Already Running" error in Mac OSX

tinahdee

Apprentice
Reaction score
I really love this software and I thought it was totally worth the purchase price, but at this point I cannot recommend it since the application is unusable at this point. I cannot open the application because my Mac thinks another copy is already running. I have applied the workarounds suggested in other threads and still cannot open the program. I have made sure my software is up to date. I've written a support inquiry and have gotten no response. I've gone from loving the program to feeling like I wasted my money. I have a brew day coming up and I'll have to find another way to create my recipe. I'm feeling kind of heartbroken about it, I thought I'd found a treasure and now it has been lost. :-\

Just wondering if anyone has some advice for me, I'd appreciate any suggestions. Was hoping to get a response from Brad, maybe even an "I can't help you" - I see he's been around replying to other posts.

In case anyone else is searching for a solution, I did hear from Brad (thank you) and this worked for me to get the application up and running again on my Mac:

This is a fairly rare problem that has been tied to doing an operating system update while BeerSmith is still running on the Mac.

I recommend the following steps as a first fix:
  - Make sure BeerSmith is not running
  - Go to your Home directory and delete the file "BeerSmith2-USERNAME" if it exists where USERNAME is your user name- this lock file usually causes the problem
  - Reboot your machine

Back