Author Topic: XML Import Problem  (Read 7025 times)

tgioiosa

  • Guest
XML Import Problem
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:13:28 PM »
Hi,

 I found that exporting a recipe to BeerXML frmat and then importing that file results in incorrect mash step volumes for infusion steps.  For instance, set a simple single infusion mash, and set water ratio to 0.31 gal/lb. With a small recipe like 1.7 lbs. of grain, it calculates 0.53 gals for infusion at 122F,

If I save this as a beer XML file and then import it back in, the infusion water amount is now 0.09 gals instead of the original 0.53 gals.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tony

Offline BeerSmith

  • Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5592
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »
Tony,
  Would you mind sending the recipe to me in BSM format - I would like to take a look at it.

Thanks,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

tgioiosa

  • Guest
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:34:07 AM »
Brad,

No problem, how do I attach a file? Or would I email directly to you? Let me know.

Thanks,
Tony

Offline BeerSmith

  • Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5592
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:09:18 PM »
Tony,
  Could you just email it to me in BSM format?

Thanks,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

tgioiosa

  • Guest
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »
Brad,

 The .bsm ad .xml files have been sent to support@beersmith.com.

Tony

tgioiosa

  • Guest
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »
Brad,

 Did you receive the test files I sent?

 Just wondering if you've had a chance to look at the issue, or if it is something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Tony

Offline BeerSmith

  • Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5592
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 05:55:19 AM »
Tony,
  No I did not receive the files.  Could you send them to beersmith at beersmith.com?

Thanks,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

tgioiosa

  • Guest
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 06:18:51 AM »
OK,

Files sent to beersmith at beersmith.com.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:17:23 PM by BeerSmith »

Offline BeerSmith

  • Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5592
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:17:06 PM »
Hi,
  I'm embarrassed to say the email did not arrive.  I checked my junk and spam folders as well.

  Why don't we make it easy and just post it here as an attachment?

Thanks
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

tgioiosa

  • Guest
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 08:55:37 AM »
Hi Brad,
 
Attached is an example of the problem I mentioned on the Software forum.  It is the .bsm file called TestLager.
The .bsm file has no issues, but if I try to Import this file (after having exported it to XML), the mash steps come in with the wrong volumes and temperatures. I also attached the exported XML file TestLager.xml.
 
The recipe mash 1st step infusion is 0.53 gal at 122F and 0.31gal/lb. ratio (which always shows correctly inside Beersmith when viewing the recipe from the library of recipes), but when Importing the XML file it ends up showing  0.09gal at 165.2F and 0.05gal/.lb water/grain ratio, and both of these are incorrect to the original recipe.
 
One note, I took a look at the exported XML file and it seems to be right (see excerpt below):
 
<MASH_STEPS>
 <MASH_STEP>
 <NAME>Protein Rest</NAME>
 <VERSION>1</VERSION>
 <TYPE>Infusion</TYPE>
 <INFUSE_AMOUNT>1.994924</INFUSE_AMOUNT>                 <----  I assume THIS the 0.53 gals in Liters?
 <STEP_TIME>30</STEP_TIME>
 <STEP_TEMP>50.00000000</STEP_TEMP>                           <---- and the 122F temp in Celsius
 <RAMP_TIME>2</RAMP_TIME>
 <END_TEMP>50.00000000</END_TEMP>
 <DESCRIPTION>Add 0.53 gal of water at 129.3 F</DESCRIPTION>
 <WATER_GRAIN_RATIO>0.31</WATER_GRAIN_RATIO>            <---- and the correct 0.31 gal/lb. ratio
 <DECOCTION_AMT>0.00 gal</DECOCTION_AMT>
 <INFUSE_TEMP>129.3 F</INFUSE_TEMP>
 <DISPLAY_STEP_TEMP>$DISPLAY_STEP_TEMP</DISPLAY_STEP_TEMP>
 <DISPLAY_INFUSE_AMT>0.53 gal</DISPLAY_INFUSE_AMT>
</MASH_STEP>
 
   It seems as though Beersmith is doing the Import incorrectly or it is ignoring the WATER_GRAIN_RATIO of 0.31 gal/lb. and the INFUSE_AMOUNT of 0.53 gal (1.994 L)
 
   Let me know what you find,
 
 
   Thanks,
   Tony
 

Offline BeerSmith

  • Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5592
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: XML Import Problem
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »
Thanks Tony,
  I'm working this today - it certainly appears there is a bug here.  I'll be certain to include it in the next patch release.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

 

modification