• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Print issues in Linux Version

xenoscr

Apprentice
Reaction score
First off, thanks for porting this to Linux.

Now that said. I have an issue I ran into. I run Kubuntu. I'm running the most recent release that uses KDE 4.9.5. I installed Beersmith and moved my configuration from my old Windows install. All is good there.

The issue I'm having is printing. When printing I get a dark black background. The colors seem to match the color scheme that I have configured for my desktop. The print preview looks fine. The background is white, the boxes are laid out the text is black but, when I print to the printer or to a file (pdf) the background is not what the preview is showing.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the print preview and the output of printing to a PDF. (The same result as printing to a real printer)

Attachments

• Beersmith Print to PDF.pdf.zip
    312.8 KB · Views: 212
I too am having this exact same problem, I have narrowed it down to a single setting in the theme configuration file, it is the setting for the base color; base[NORMAL]. whatever I change this color to it is printed as. I have also found that if I print then then try to print a second time it gives me an error and offers to close the program, attached is the error log. I am using Linux mint 14 x64 with xfce4.

Attachments

• BS_error.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 227
anarchos said:
I too am having this exact same problem, I have narrowed it down to a single setting in the theme configuration file, it is the setting for the base color; base[NORMAL]. whatever I change this color to it is printed as.

Where are the theme config files located?

Edit: Went into Appearance on the Theme tab and saved my custom theme with a name and found it in ~/.themes/ but when I opened the config file in my text editor, I found that this value was already set to white: base_color:#ffffff
Am I missing something? I'd love to get my brew sheet printing properly.

I also have been experiencing the print error, but I've just been closing BS, re-opening it and printing again. It gives me one print job before I get the error.

I ran Beersmith from terminal and attempted to print twice. As always, BS choked on the second attempt. Ubuntu terminal output:
Code:
me@mypc:~$ beersmith2
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-KuFPv9/pkcs11: No such file or directory

(beersmith2:9837): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_print_operation_run: assertion `op->priv->status == GTK_PRINT_STATUS_INITIAL' failed

(beersmith2:9837): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_error_free: assertion `error != NULL' failed
../src/gtk/print.cpp(923): assert "Assert failure" failed in Print(): The print dialog returned an error.
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Just adding that I too suffer the same pain.

Awesome port to Linux, but suffers printing as stated above.
1) I get the same error printing the second time
2) I get black background on second page only when printing direct to printer and to PDF.

Thanks for everything and I look forward to a fix at some point.

Nathan
Linux Mint 14 x64

Back