• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Country Malt Group orders

bperetto

Brewer
Reaction score
I think this information is important enough that it should be shared with the widest population of homebrewers as possible:

For those who have relied on NCM / Country Malt orders to keep their brewing costs at a reasonable level, I have bad news for you.

As of March 7th, they are now charging homebrewing groups 30% over list cost on all their products.  Just because.

You can e-mail me if you want a copy of the MP3 of the voicemail left, but the imporant part is transcribed here: "This is George calling from country malt group. I just wanted to give you a head's up that the homebrew pricing has increased by approximately 30% across the board..."

When we called back, we were given this example: A bag of  Bairds Maris Otter would be $54.50 for homebrewers, not the listed $40.15 sold to other customers.

This is for your information only. Some people may consider $55 a bag to be a good deal. That's up for you to decide. I just want you all to be aware if you were planning a bulk order.

(BTW: We have been ordering from them twice a year for the past 10 years)

Back