• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

OLHBS are the devil!

K

KernelCrush

Online homebrew stores.  Have had terrible luck.  Order grains crushed (long ago)/get uncrushed and vice versa recently.  Order yeast & get the wrong strain.  Order faucets with missing parts. I have gone to my LHBS and written down a 5 keg order of refurbished kegs and then made them go to cornykeg.com so I can show them exactly what I want.  They still ordered them wrong. Plus they let my liquid yeast sit in the warehouse for 2 days before checking in & refrigerating.  Wont go back.  Am I too picky/(pricky?) or is this common?  I looked into opening a shop last year and doing it right (it would be very easy) but the margins are miniscule.  The only thing they are good at is overselling  the crap out of the un-initiated.  Can you tell they messed up my brewday?

My LHBS is pretty good.  Best part is it's close to my house.  Their employees actually brew and know stuff.  They make more money off the newbies and wine people than me, probably.  I mostly buy grain and get my hops bulk online.  But I have bought some rather pricey pieces of equipment from them, so I don't feel guilty at all.  ::)

I've also ordered ingredients and equipment from five different online places and never had any issues. 

I think you've had some bad luck hoss. :'(

Back