• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing schedule tool

Kaiser

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi Beersmith,

I'm brewing a mix of beers that take various times for primary, secondary and aging. I want to schedule my brews such that I always have plenty of finished HB on hand. Currently I'm using MS Project for this, but I imagine a tool like Beersmith to be much better at this.

This feature should also take in consideration the number of fermentation resources (carboys, buckets, bottles, cooled space)

Thanks

I have not considered anything quite that ambitious yet, but I was considering adding a calendar feature so you could track the date brewed, fermentation dates and so on.

Perhaps this feature could eventually be grown into a full blown scheduling system.

Brad

It certainly should and it can yield a very nice graphical display of your brew year.  You may also be able to set a complete data (a party for example) and then you enter how long you expect the beer to be at each stage (primary, secondary etc). At the end you will get a date when to brew.

Thanks for considering this. I think that this could be a major selling point.

Kai

The brew date is already in the record, so what I was thinking was to show the brew date, time in primary, time in secondary, etc...on a calendar so you can track different batches.  Using the existing timelines for fermenting and aging on a calendar one could more easily schedule batches I think.

Brad

How about a calendar that also had the brews of the season indicated on it? Like when to start making Octoberfest, etc. That would be a nice feature for when you are trying to figure out what to brew next.

Back