• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipes/Equipment profile lost

chriswilkes33

New Forum Member
Reaction score
First of all ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
This is the second time this has happened to me.
I havent used Beersmith in a while, moved and have been in Afghanistan pretty much since after I got settled, now Im getting ready to head home and I figure Ill go through some recipes and maybe add some more, set up the brew calander etc.

When I open beersmith, everything is gone..well except the damn sample recipes. I tried going into and opening the documents/beersmith2 recipe.bsmx files and recipe1-5, all the same, same thing with the equipment profiles. Dont see anything on the calendar, all of my notes, experimentation on the same recipe over multiple batches seems to be gone. It took me a long time to switch from keeping my notes in a notebook for this very reason. So frustrating. Years of stuff gone. Is there any hope?

If it helps, I am on Windows 7, only computer connected with beersmith, not on a network or share folder. I have upgraded to 2.1.02 but only just now after I noticed all this stuff missing. Pretty sure I was just on the original beersmith 2 release before that. I even have a backup of my beersmith 1 stuff that I could at least start from but when I try to open it, it seems empty...

Back