• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

First Solo Brew!

Brewangel7501

Brewer
Reaction score
Hello  all, i have been brewing partial mash beers for a few years now and have made QUITE a few batches with my brew-buddy in that department....After brewing all-grain with another good friend of mine for three batches on his gear now, (a dunkelweissen, red wheat IIPA, and a Kolsch) we built my first all-grain system for me to use at home, solo!
  My all-grain buddy turned me on to beersmith as well, and did a fantastic job getting my HLT and MLT ready to roll...
My tester brew is a slightly darker-than-normal english brown ...somethin nice and forgiving while i tweek the gear here and there...
Should be a great time!... I bartend at a gastropub that plans on becoming a brewery as well, so I decided to ramp UP my homebrew production.

Brewing: English Brown

In bottle: Russian Imp Stout,
              Red Wheat IIPA,
              Kolsch,
              Clover Mead,
              Fig-Raisin Melomel,

Fermenting:  SEVERAL different Meads (gotta LOVE 1-gal growlers, huh?)

[quote author=Brewangel7501]
My tester brew is a slightly darker-than-normal english brown ...somethin nice and forgiving while i tweek the gear here and there...[/quote]

What? No Double Decoction mash for your first try, like mine??? Yeah....THAT went swimmingly....
Welcome to the addiction, and the insanity known as all grain!  ;D
Have yet to try a mead, but definitely like drinking them! It's on the list to do at some point....

lol i ended up doing a decoction since the strike water didnt QUITE hit the mark like the software expected  :eek:  No worries tho, that's why i did a forgiving beer for a calibration batch...should all work out in the end...and yeah, the mead is pretty easy and its fun to mess with the different yeasts and let the growlers work away while you do the faster-turnaround on beer batches

All grain is easy.  It's like a partial mash, but without the extract.  ::)

Welcome to the addiction.

Have that English Brown AND a Summer Wheat in primary now...brewing a Red Wheat IPA in a few days then pitching a Porter on the Brown's yeast cake when i bottle the Brown...muahahahaha

Back