• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile Popup

P

Prowler_13

When I open a mash profile, the popup is so large that the buttons at the bottom of the screen are hidden below the task bar.  I am sure there is a simple fix but being a computer weenie, not a nerd, I don't know what to do to make this screen smaller since I can't get to the bottom of the box to resize it.  Help ??? :-[

Yes,
 Your screen resolution needs to be set to 800x600 as a minimum to use BeerSmith properly.  It is not designed to work with smaller screen resolution.

You can change your resolution in Windows by right clicking on the desktop, and select properties from the drop down menu.  Next click on the "settings" tab and adjust the screen resolution to be at least 800x600 (or larger).

This should resolve the problem.

Brad

I checked my screen size and it is 800X600.  If I make the numbers larger, the print is very small and harder to read.  At 800X600 I still have the problem.  Is there some other solution?

Jerry,
 I just tried it out at 800x600 here and you are correct - it is just a little bit oversize in the vertical direction.  I will work to correct it on the next version.

As a workaround, I noticed that if you grab the window bar at the top and move it up just a bit you can access the buttons at the bottom to press OK or Cancel.  Its not perfect, but you should be able to work with it until I can make the fix.

Thanks,
Brad

Thanks, I can live with it and BTW I am really enjoying having this program.  I learn something new about it every time I open it up.

I had the same issues and so I moved the pixels so that I could make the adjustment , then moved them back . However , the adjustment did not stay . I was trying to lower the mashtun temp for a single infusion medium body batch sparge . I can change the numbers on the profile , tell it OK but my numbers on the mashin temp dont change. I am having a real problem hitting my mash temps . Could there be something else I am doing wrong? When do you expect the next version will be out? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Jim

Jim,
 Check to make sure that you have the latest version (Should be build 022, version 1.3 if you use the About command on the Help menu).  I think we had an earlier problem that might have matched your symptoms in an earlier version of the program.  If not, please download and install the latest version.

Also be sure you have the "Adjust temp for equipment" box checked on the recipe in the Mash Profile box.

Cheers!
Brad

Back