• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

changes after 1st brew

nhff

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi i have a ? after my first brew i have learnt alot more of my values, do i change them in the recipe or in equipment or both? great program just trying to dial in to my gear.

It took me three brews to dial in the correct settings.  After setting up the equipment and trying to adjust the amount using the brew house efficiency, I finally adjusted the steeping efficiency upwards from 15% to 18% and the values for the first three brews came right in where I had measured them (OG, FG, color).  fourth brew using these settings came out right on the money! 

To the OP. You can change your settings either way, the difference is when it's changed in the recipe, it's only for that recipe.  If you change it in the profiles, it will only apply to those recipes that you update with the new profile.  The design here is an update to the profile will not affect recipes that you have already brewed or ones that are using a different profile. 

Hope this helps
Rick

Excellent point Rick,  I made the changes first within the recipes to try and get the program output to match actual results.  After the adjustments worked out correctly in all three of the first batches, I changed the global equipment setting to reflect the new settings and redesigned the fourth batch before brewing using the new equipment set-up.

Back