• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud storage

Phoney

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Firstly apologies if this has been raised before but I couldnt find it in search!

It would be ace if Beersmith could store / synchronize your recipes, ingredients and equipment profiles in cloud storage.

Not only in the events of system crashes & PC upgrades, but it would also be handy as I (and I suspect many other users) have BS installed on two machines.  ie: My home computer and my work laptop and it would be great if both copies had the exact same content.  Given the relatively small size of the database files, I wouldn't imagine 3 million user accounts would consume all that much data. (~3TB?)

Perhaps there could even be an integrated browser to browse / search through the library of the public recipe database with single-click to add the recipe and auto-scale to your equipment, as well as links to the articles, podcasts etc that you have on this website. (Similar sort of thing to Spotify, Steam etc)  You could even go one step further and once you have entered in all of your ingredients that you have in your inventory, an search utility could filter all of the recipes in the database that match your ingredients. The possibilities are endless really.  I think it would also serve to discourage illegal / cracked copies of the software if there are integrated online features such as these.

Thoughts?

Back