• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Just chugging along...

Brewangel7501

Brewer
Reaction score
Nice way to come into the springtime!!
  I have an English brown getting ready to hit bottles next week, (and i will be pitching a porter on that cake when i do!), a Summer wit cleaning itsself up nicely, and a red wheat IPA chugging along, riding the blow-off tube highway...
my Red wheat IIPA and Russian Imp Stout are quite drinkable at this time, and my hehe "Kolsch" is chilling in the fridge...

about that "Kolsch"...i was held up getting grain until brewday, and on THAT day, it turned out it was the day BEFORE my LHBS received their grain shipment!! o_O lol, sooo i ended up HAVING to use 2-row AND maris otter for the bulk of the brew in place of the pilsner grain i planned...fast forward and this beer, while definatley not kolsch-like, is actually quite yummy, almost like a crisper-and noble-hopped- version of a British pale ale...quite good!

I knew the kolsch wouldnt turn out as expected, but it turned out better than i feared  :)...

This month was a busy one for my brewing, i have 22 different fermenting vessles of mead going too!!  The one i am super excited about is the 1 gal batch of Braggot i made...gawd i cant wait till time to bottle that bad boy...i MAY just carb it up in another 1 gal carboy and drink it in one sitting as a special occasion...mmmmmm......honey belgian strong ale......droool

Anyone else toyed around with honey or straight-up braggots?...i would love to hear from other fans of that style

Back