• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bought a Cajun Injector Kit

timcadieux

Apprentice
Reaction score
I was wondering how i would enter my Equipment into Beersmith, I just purchased a Cajun Injector...Has anyone else done this?

There's a profile for "Electric Urn."  That is a good starting point.

I'm sorry but i can;t figure out where to find existing Profiles, when I hit new Equipment, there's now dropdowns, just textboxes.  Where do i loaf this pre-existing profile from?

Thx

There are at least three ways to access equipment profiles and each are available in the default startup of BeerSmith. Here is the video tutorial by Brad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYrHmduuJfY

Across the top menu bar: "Profiles"
In the tabbed ribbon: "Profiles"
On the left hand bar: "Profiles"

In each you select "Equipment." Then you can copy and/or modify any equipment profile to suit your needs.

To create the profile as a default, click "options" from the menu bar just above the recipe window. Or use the top menu bar, choose "Profieles" then Options. The first screen that pops up will be your default brewing info. select the equipment you want to default for all recipes.

To add the profile to an existing recipe:
In the recipe design function, in the upper left corner of that window, you'll see Equipment. click that bar. A popup window will list all of the equipment profiles. select the one you want ("Electric Urn" or another that you desire).

There, the recipe is using that profile for recipe calculations. The modification button, net to the equipment name is available to change the profile for that specific recipe.

Back