• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

high gravity brewing and diluting problems

Andrewqld

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I am having some problems with the report screens in BeerSmith and a few discrepancies when I am doing a high gravity brew that is to be diluted.
The problem is that the post boil volume in the report view looks like it is displaying incorrectly. Pre boil volume is 45.52 lt @ 1.059 and post boil volume is 39.52 after 6lt evaporation and it's showing a gravity of 1.056. From what I can gather it looks like the program is factoring in the water dilution post boil rather than in the fermenter which makes it difficult to see if your boil off has reached the correct gravity.
I've set my equipment to add 10 lt water to fermenter, I'm not sure if it's a bug or my stuff up.
Also does anyone know if Beersmith takes into account  any differences in IBU's when the wort is diluted with water in the fermenter?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached is the recipe.

Attachments

• cap2.bsmx
    15.7 KB · Views: 190
Back