• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Should only be able to remove from inventory once!

dstedman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi - noticed that for any given brew session you can click the "remove from inventory" multiple times, and remove from the inventory each time (without a prompt). I had to reenter my amounts because I clicked it twice (since you can't really tell if it did anything when you click it).

I think you should only be able to remove from inventory once for each brew session, and that it should prompt you. Once you've done it, the "remove from inventory" button should be disabled.

my two cents -
dan

Dan,
 What if you brew the same recipe again at a later date?  

Perhaps I could put a check or prompt in if you do it twice in a single day.

Cheers!
Brad

I always copy the recipe into a new one and adjust it since usually my hop alphas are different, along with perhaps the grain bill and mash schedule. Plus, I like to have an individual record of each beer brewed. I do like the date idea if people really brew the same recipe over and over. Seems odd that they would since they would lose the record of the last time they brewed it and what the recipe looked like.

thanks!
dan

Hi,

I was wondering if anything ever happened with this? 

I like the idea of only being able to "remove from inventory" once.  I also do the same as dstedman when brewing a recipe again, I copy the recipe and create a new recipe.

What would also be nice would be some sort of indicator on the recipe screen that showed whether or not that recipe has been removed from inventory.

Thanks!

I have not made the change yet - but I have added it to my "to do" list.

Brad

Back