• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

columns disappear

Ilovebeer

Brewer
Reaction score
I have set up the my recipes form a number of times with the arrangement of columns that I want (wish I could get more) but at least twice now they have disappeared and I am back to just the style, type, batch size, and date. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,
  I'm not sure how they could be lost unless you had some kind of crash in the program.  They are stored in a separate file under your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory (called BSCols.BX2 I think).  You could back up that file in case it happens again.

Brad

I have the exact same problem.

I've set up the columns for my recipes the way I want them and the next startup they're all gone, part from the default columns.

Looking at the bscols-file I can see that it is indeed edited when I added my custom columns. Still they're not visible in the software.

Tried it again, and this time I closed the tab after I edited it. This time the changes stuck!  :)

This problem persists! I set ut the columns the way I want them, close the program and BAM next time only the default "Name, style, type, batch and Date -columns appear. All other are blanked.

Getting pretty p:eek: by this BS...

Back