• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Having Mashing water problems

dbyrkit31

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm having Mashing water Errors!! I changed some things around, I was first getting a negative Sparge Water, so i changed the quarts to grain and now I'm getting Sparge but NO mash out! I'm out of idea's! I posted my recipe and my equipment profiles! The equipment i have is 1 16 gal Keg for boil, and (2) 10 gallon Coolers for my Mash ton. Thoughts!!???!!???!!

Dave

Attachments

• God of David.bsmx
    19.7 KB · Views: 3
  • My Equipment profile BEERSMITH.doc
    501.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm a little confused. Sounds to me like you're having "stuck sparge" issues. I always add grist to target temp H20 in the mash tun ... and I add it slowly and stir until the entire grain bill is added. I also use 1.75-2.00 quarts of H20 per pound of grain. You might want to double check your valves.

I am no expert so take what I say which caution.

You have a boil off rate of 0.5 gallons /hr
your looking to have 5 gallons go into the fermenter.
So your looking to make 5.5 gallons into the boil kettle

your Mash In uses 6.5 gallons and assumes 2 gallons abosrbed leaving 4.5 gallons, add the 1.5 gallon fly sparge water and you have 5.5 gallons to boil.

This is not what you want?

Back