• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Style Guidelines Lost

JPOAK747

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am running BS 2.1.02 on Windows 7. I have lost all style guidelines. Options was set to BJCP 2008, I tried setting it to All to no avail. I shut down BS then double clicked on the styles.bsmx file in the BS program folder. BS opened with a list of all styles in a tab. I then selected style from the profile tab and got nothing.  I looked on this board and found a message where you sent a new Styles.bsmx file. I moved the old file to a new folder and copied the attachment file to the BS program folder. I still did not get styles within BS. I tried to change to BJCP in options but it was not in the dropdown. I then shut down BS and opened the new and old style files and got a foreign language version of the styles in each.

Thank you

Moved too fast. I think I fixed it.  I went to a backup copy of the styles file, double clicked and it opened in BS. I selected all the guidelines them copied and pasted them into the styles tab that was selected using the sidebar/profiles section. Then I went to options/brewing and selected BJCP from the dropdown (unless I did not notice it before, there are now more Guideline categories to select). I restarted BS and voila, fixed. Sorry for any prior conclusions.

Thanks - glad to hear you are up and running again.

Brad

Back