• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe print stopped working

coldrain

Apprentice
Reaction score
The print recipe function on my copy of Beersmith has stopped working. Its been fine for over a year and now today it will not "Preview" or "Print". Interesting though the "Print List" function works fine. My printer is working and I can print from other programs and also "Print List" in Beersmith, but nothing happens when I hit preview or print for a recipe. I have un-installed and re-installed Beersmith and no difference. I am using a newer desktop running windows 7.

I just noticed I have the same problem. Not sure why no one has offered a fix for this yet. I end up copying and pasting the Brew Steps into word then printing from there.

Brad
I'm on 2.1.00 and can print preview from Recipe Design view and also the My Recipes preview screen, in case it is related to a newer update that I've not installed.

All - please post your version number here with details on where/when it fails if you're having print problems to help Brad isolate the issue.

EDIT - per below, try Chrome!  It works. 

Hi,
  We have had a few people report this recently.  Most indicate success when they upgrade Internet Explorer to the latest version.  BeerSmith uses IE as a plugin for preview and printing, and it looks like a Microsoft update to an older IE version may have broken things.

Try updating your IE and make sure you can print/preview from it and then try it again in BeerSmith.

Brad

Tried updating Explorer without success.  Recipes can't be previewed or printed.  This is on a PC with Windows 7 and Explorer version 10

I'm having this same problem in Windows 7. My recipes are all there and I can view them, but all I get is a blank page when I click "Print" or "Print Preview".

Another "me too", IE 11, Windows 7, all windows updates applied. It worked on June 19 (I have a printout from that date), if I have time today I'll try backing out system updates and see what happens.

Same here. All updates applied (except Bing). I can view Brew Steps. No Print Preview, no printing.

...and for totally unknown reasons, the print function works again.

No new updates, no new software...

I'm suspecting network glitches, windows seems to like to talk to the printer now and then even if it doesn't use it.

Print functions are still not working for me. All updates (except for Bing) applied.

Back