• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Create a recipe from inventory

grathan

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
It is tedious process making a recipe, clicking "add grain" a bunch of times and dealing with popup dialogs with "0.00"s that need to be backspaced to be replaced.

I propose ctrl-clicking in the inventory view and then right-clicking to get menu option "add to new recipe". Also make the amount editable on the main recipe screen without a dialog popping up.

+1 great idea.  Click Add Grain, click the box to show only what's in inventory, CNTL-click the grains you want to use, and click a new button in the Add Grain dialog that says "Use highlighted grains in Recipe." 

That could create a single list that shows the current inventory of each and an easily editable box to enter the desired amount.  Then click a final "Enter" button.

Same idea for Hops, with additional editable box for the minutes boiled. 

I would also like to see a Replicate button for Hops.  Once I enter a specific Hop once, I should be able to hit one button to add that same Hop again, and then only fiddle with the Time and Amount with the four existing buttons for those. 

Back