• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Am I in Trouble?

tjjmon

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all. New member and first post. I made my first all grain beer last weekend. It is Bell's 2 Hearted IPA. Everything thing went great and I hit my OG on the money. After the boil I chilled the wort and poured it into the fermenter. Added yeast and all is well. After doing a little research, should I not have dumped everything into the fermenter? There was quite a lot of solid material that went in. I hope I didn't mess it up.

Thanks

You're good to go. Might want to secondary if you can. You'll leave the junk behind. Cheers....Simie

+1 to all of the above. You will learn to rack to a secondary or bottling bucket (without disturbing yeast and spent hops) with each brewing experience. Some of the finer steps in homebrewing all seem to come near the end of any stage ... whether it's the end of a boil, chilling and moving to a fermenter, or racking to a secondary. Somehow, I always feel rushed at a most critical juncture. The reality is that the later stages of homebrewing present multiple opportunities to goof up. Patience is a good virtue, Grasshopper!

Whirlpool your wort after boil and transfer it draws almost all trub to the center of the keg or pot and you get clean wort
for fermentation. and always secondary for a nice clean beer it's always worth the effort when your friends
compliment you on a good brew and it's a matter of pride and respect for what you have toiled to produce.
Cheers

Back