• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory Ingredients Disappear

metron-brewer

Brewer
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me a couple of times now, where an item that I have in inventory all of a sudden is deleted/missing. For example, on 05-20-2013 I exported my inventory after issuing to a brew. Total count of 30 hops, total 126.83 ounces.

On 05-21-2013 I added 6 ounces of "Amarillo 9.9". I exported my inventory and it shows an inventory count of 31 hops, total 132.83 ounces. I copied the original "Amarillo" and renamed one "Amarillo 9.9" All good at this point.

On 06-03-2013 I added (4) ounces of "Mosaic" and (4) ounces of "Motueka" New hop inventory count is 32, total ounces 135.33.
At this point I'm one hop short and 5.50 ounces short on the total. Turns out I am missing the 5.50 ounces of "Magnum 14.7" that I previously had in inventory. The actual ingredient is gone.

I'm not sure what is going on, if it's a bug or if it's something I'm doing when adding/copying a new hop. I do not have any hops that ever have the exact same name. I always copy the item and rename it by adding in the Alpha % as part of the name.
Anyone else ever experience this? Any ideas?

I can't confirm your findings, but would just like to say that Beersmith inventory spooks me enough to not use it. I think a dialog should pop up showing deletions as well as additions. As well as any errors thrown when something fails to add or delete.

Back