• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Total Beersmith Newb

Pompeysie

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm a total newb to beersmith, using beersmith 2 on a Mac. I have watched the videos on adding recipes etc which are great. What I really need is a video which shows me what to do on an actual brew day. I have no idea where I add things like actual preboil gravity, OG, FG, losses etc, how to use timers etc etc.

Am I missing something?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Just play around with it..  I have it on Mac also, and finding things can be confusing sometimes.  Once you have a recipe up, it has menu items in the window to the right... Like design, starter, mash, fermentation, volume, timer, etc...  each one of those tabs is for the specific recipe you have up.  You can enter in data in the windows that are not in blue... meaning the white windows are the data you enter, ex: OG, FG etc. 

The timer tab is exactly that...  its the timer.  It has the mash timer up top, with the boil timer below.  Just hit start and your off.. 

Back