• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

real-time inventory recognition

D

duggg

While I really love this program, there is one feature that I would like to see.  While viewing a recipe, it would be great to have a small icon beside each ingredient letting the user know if there is enough inventory of each particular item...perhaps a simple green circle if there is enough in inventory, and a red circle if there is not enough of the ingredient in inventory.  Many times I have printed a brew sheet and removed the ingredients from inventory only to find out that I am out of the necessary hops or specialy grains.  If there was a simple way of knowing this info while looking at the recipe, substitutions could be made...I believe that substitutions were mentioned in another thread.  Anyway, love the software....cheers!

Thanks!
  I think that would be a great addition - just check to see if a recipe item is in inventory and show it as an icon or checkmark on the major views.

Substitutiions have been mentioned beforel - I'm thinking this might best be done when adding or removing things from inventory - i.e. while reconciling.

Cheers!
Brad

Brad,

Did this or anything like it ever get implemented ?

It is pretty easy to do, I would think, but I cannot see anything on the forum that shows there was any followup here.

I would love to be able to visually see what I need, without having to use the "find" button (http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=439.0).
That method is OK for a simple search, but if I set the number of missing ingredients until I find something I can brew from stock, I still need to work out which is missing.

Having just moved in an All Grain direction, it would really help to be able to see what was missing.

Perhaps a simple filter view that would color the missing ingredient font of background ?  No extra icons involved then.

This also comes up when I brew something and hit remove from Inventory and find that something did not get removed because the ingredient name was wrong or the amount was "insufficient" and so I have to track down that item after the fact and manually update the inventory.

Cheers
Roger

Roger,
  I'm building it into the new version.  My intent is to display the current inventory next to the name of the item within a recipe, so you can quickly see any shortfalls.

Brad

Back