• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

order points for ingredients

D

duggg

Another feature that would be nice is inventory order points.  For instance, if I use a lot of Cascade hops and always want to make sure that I have a certain amount in inventory, an order point could be set up in the Cascade hops options.  Suppose that I always want to have a minimum of 2 pounds of Cascade and I currently have 3 pounds in inventory.  Also, assume that every time I order Cascade hops, I like to order 5 pounds.  As soon as the next pound is used, the software would realize that my inventory of Cascade is at the minimum amount of 2 pounds.  This, in turn, would place an entry for 5 pounds of Cascade hops in my shopping list.  Then, every few days I could monitor the inventory list for items that continue to automatically build up.  After shopping is complete, the list could be put back into inventory.

If this option is not feasible, maybe a simple check box in each item's properties for 'always show in inventory list' or 'common ingredient' would work.  You see, I have a few recipes that use uncommon hops, etc.  As soon as I use the last of these items, they no longer appear on my inventory list.  While this makes sense, it would be nice if there was some way of knowing that I have used it up.  At least this way there would be a way of looking at the inventory list and knowing that I am totally out of a certain ingredient that I use.

Thanks,
  I will add this to the list.  I think either of these are certainly a possible addition for a future version.  I thought that (for example) you might be able to set a minimum quantity you want in inventory and then show the item in red or highlight it in some way once the inventory drops below that point.

Brad

Back