• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Export shopping list to email????

Hielanpyper

Apprentice
Reaction score
  I tried to find posts concerning exporting shopping lists. I usually send my bills through email to my LHBS. Is there no way to export the list to an email client? I must be missing something somewhere!
  Brad, not that you aren't already covered up with work, but, is there no way that one couldn't send the shopping list through email right out of the BS platform?

Cheers
  Scott

In the shopping view you can click on File- Save Report as CSV. You can import that into another program like Excel or LibreOffice. and then send that file attachment in an email.

+1 on the suggestion that a simple text report should be generated. It seems like any preview option here only shows a single item (no matter how many items are highlighted) and Print List simply fires up the printer with no way to intercept the text file.

+1 to that.  I recently highlighted six-plus grains that I wanted to send to a friend for a joint recipe we're doing, and could not figure out how to send him JUST the ones I highlighted. 

Thanks, I was thinking I was the odd one! That single item thing really chapped my cheeks too, thought I had screwed something up!

I would go so far as to suggest that a shopping list could be added to the BeerSmith mobile app.  ie: a shopping list in the cloud, It would be handy.

I just click on "Print List" when the shopping list is up on my screen and then print it to a pdf writer, instead of to my printer and save it on my harddrive.  I also save as pdf's and print out my recipes, brewing instructions, etc. out this way.  I have a file folder just for brewing stuff that is separate from BeerSmith.

I use pdf's a lot for my job, so using them for this comes natural to me.

Back