• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mac Retina Support?

moophone

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing BS2, but the mac version is really ugly on a retina MBP. I know its form over function, but any plans to update to support retina graphics?

Hi,
  I don't have a retina Mac to test it on at the moment, but is it simply a matter of poor icons or is the whole program cloudy?

Brad

The whole program is "cloudy" with the retina display

I also have a retina display and concur with the cloudy display.  What I notice, though, is that pure text values show up nice and clear but the graphics (images/icons) look sort of cloudy or washed-out.  I'm not sure,  but it could be that the retina is such a high resolution (2880 X 1800) that it makes the icons appear like you would see on an older PC (like 640x480).  I noticed this immediately since the 1.4 version on my Windows machine didn't look cloudy like this.

see here:

https://developer.apple.com/high-resolution/

Let me know if you need any testing on an OSX version, I'm a dev (test manager) as well

Any plans to update BS2 anytime soon? retina displays have been out since 2012...

Back