• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Clearly mark input fields that were modified/accepted

miha

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would suggest marking input variables which user actually measured and changed/confirmed.

If I would read my recipe after one year I won't remember, for example, if mash pH was actually 5.2 or this is just default value. There are many variables that I usually don't record but when I do, I won't know that I did. Currently I write everything I measure into "Notes" text area. So I actually don't (can't) use one of the core functions of program - record keeping.

This could be implemented for example by making all fields default colored gray. When user would click on a field, a cross and check would appear at the side. If user would click on check, value would be accepted as modified/measured and would change color (say green). Click on cross would make field unchanged.

This information could then also be used for much more accurate reports without "spam" values.

+1

I'm not measuring every detail every time either.

Back