• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Move recipes and settings to a new computer

mgranath

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi

How do I move recipes, ingredients, settings, etc from my old computer to my new?

Micke

Here is how I just did it 2 weeks ago.  Install the sw on the new computer then copy everything from the old to the new, that's it

Rick

Hi,
  You can transfer your installation over to a new computer.

If you have BeerSmith2, make a backup copy of your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.

Next check the Help->Activate command to get your registration key, then download
and install the new copy on your new computer.  After you've run it and used your key to activate
it you can (if desired) move your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory over to the new computer
which will carry over your recipes and other data.

When you are done with the old computer and have your data saved, you can then uninstall it from the old one.

Brad

Toy4Rick said:
Here is how I just did it 2 weeks ago.  Install the sw on the new computer then copy everything from the old to the new, that's it

Rick

sw?

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  You can transfer your installation over to a new computer.

If you have BeerSmith2, make a backup copy of your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.

Next check the Help->Activate command to get your registration key, then download
and install the new copy on your new computer.  After you've run it and used your key to activate
it you can (if desired) move your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory over to the new computer
which will carry over your recipes and other data.

When you are done with the old computer and have your data saved, you can then uninstall it from the old one.

Brad

That's almost what I did. I have my data folder in Dropbox so I just changed the folder, in Beersmith, on my new computer but it did'nt work. But when I pasted the copy of the data folder back in Dropbox all my settings and data were back. Is'nt that strange?

OK, I am missing something.  Where exactly on my new computer do I put the BS2directories folder ?  Do I put the whole folder in the beersmith 2 folder or do I put each of the files in the beersmith2 folder ? 

I have new laptop and can't get files from old computer. I did what Brad said to do. I copied my beersmith2 file from document directory, when i tried to import with beersmith on the new laptop it says no bsm files. My files are bsx. What do I need to do, frustration is building. Please help

I finally figured it out. I had to delete the beersmith2 folder in the documents directory on the new laptop, then copy folder from previous computer to an external hard drive and move (paste) to new document directory on new laptop.

My computer recently died. MacBook Pro running 10.6.8. Moved to alternate computer running 10.7 and installed Beersmith 2, activated and moved Beersmith 2 folder from my backup to the documents folder on the alternate computer.

Nothing is showing up in my new install. No recipes, profiles, ingreadients, etc. Only the standard install items. I've quit and restarted and done this several times and my stuff won't show up.

Any suggestions on fixing this or do I have to start rebuilding my equipment profiles and ingredients lists?

Back