• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Saving a new style?

alcaponejunior

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I tried to create a new style of my own in beersmith.  It lets you do this, but then when you save, it's gone forever.  There is no "recent items" list, which is annoying.  I kind of recall doing this before and having the same issue.  It's extremely aggravating.  Is there a problem with the software?  A fix?  Google searching yielded one question like this on these forums, unanswered, buried in another thread.

you know, my bad, I have version 2, not version 1.4.  If a moderator could move the post into the appropriate forum, I would be grateful.  Thanks!

this is from the help file
Important Note!: BeerSmith supports multiple style guides, and by default only the style guides that have their "Style Guide" field set to "BJCP 2008" will be displayed.  This can cause confusion if you are trying to add your own styles from the style view.  To display another style guide or show all style guides at once you need to set the "Style Guide" option within the Brewing tab of the Options dialog.

does changing the style guidelines change anything?

Solved! 

Yeah, it did save, it just didn't display it after it was saved. 

Thanks!

Sorry - yes you need to set the style guideline for the item you are adding to be the same as the currently selected style guide or it won't show up at all.  Alternately you can select a new style guide from Options->Brewing.

Brad

Back