• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Does My Equipment Profile Look Right

LiquidFlame

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

New to Beersmith and trying to setup my equipment profile and just wanted to see if you guys think it looks right.  I know that it will take at least five brew days to really dial it in, but this is what I came up with to try out first.

My setup is pictured below, it's a three keg HERMs system that is model off of The Electric Brewery.  I used the tutorial above to setup my profile.  The thing that worries me the most is it says that my "Boil Volume" is 17.13 gal.  As I'm using 15.5 gal kegs, there's no way this can happen.  So let me know what you guys think.

IMG_20130710_125541_603_zps1ea3ab7f.jpg

Screenshot2013-07-22at123035PM_zps9a547e28.png

Thanks.

To make my equipment profile match what my actual experience has been I had to turn off the automatic pre-boil volume feature and go with what I have actually seen with my equipment.  I'm brewing about 5.5 gallon batches to compensate for losses in primary/secondary, etc.  I typically lose  about a gallon to boil off so I just entered that and did it manually.  Otherwise the automatic had me boiling almost 7 gallons, which is mighty difficult in an 8 gallon brewpot. 

It's based on the recipe. You want a 11 gallon batch (to the fermentor) and yet you say 3 gallons are boiled off, 2.5 gallons are lost to trub, 0.5 gallon lost to cooling. Do you think this is all possible with your setup?

grathan said:
It's based on the recipe. You want a 11 gallon batch (to the fermentor) and yet you say 3 gallons are boiled off, 2.5 gallons are lost to trub, 0.5 gallon lost to cooling. Do you think this is all possible with your setup?

I just entered the values that the tutorial suggested and the values that were calculated from the link within the tutorial. I guess I'm just really confused on how to setup the equipment profile for my system.

Try making a recipe and then check the profile again from within the recipe.

Back