• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changing mash and ferm temps

grathan

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
When I make a change to a mash temp I click on the Step Temp in the list that appears on the mash tab page.

When I want to change ferm temp I have to click on the red checkmark next to the profile on the fermentation tab page. I know you can click the red checkmark on the mash tab too, but I have gotten used to clicking in the list. So now I am 20 batches in and still get confused temporarily on how to change ferm temps.

I'd suggest making the ferm changes more friendly or doing away with the list in mash tab.

OR making the graphical picture clickable in each tab.

OR removing all the stupid useless mumbo jumbo like "Into the boiler" -Est pre boil vol, Meas Pre-Boil Vol etc... from being front and center on the fermentation tab.

Thanks
  I appreciate the suggestions.  I'll certainly take a look at ways to make this better in the future.

Brad

Just revisiting this...

Just brewed a batch and wanted to check what the ferm temp was supposed to be so I could set the controller. Ahh the 'Fermentation' tab, that will have the answer. Not so quick.. There is a bunch of useless info there and a graph. The graph kinda shows what the ferm temp is, but it's tough to decipher. All I can see is it's about halfway between 50 and 75*F. Not good enough. I spent 5 minutes looking though all the fields on that tab for the exact number I needed... It's not listed.

It would have been quicker to try to find the book, magazine or webpage that I got the recipe from than to try to find it in Beersmith.

It prints out on the brewsheet report.

If you're strictly electronic, the info is one click away. In both the design and fermentation tabs, just clicking the edit box next to the profile will popup the whole fermentation profile.

You also have the option of adding fermentation temperatures into your customized summary boxes, in the design tab.

The design tab would be fine. Except it's limited to 13 fields. Look at all free space there is!

Attachments

• dead space.jpg
    dead space.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 401
Methinks you have trouble with choices...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF2UrYSDb3k

j/k  ;D  8)

And if more fields are added, the ability to sort the fields would be nice. Currently if you wanted to group all of the fermentation data together you would have to delete all the fields and then re-add them in the order you wanted. Drag & Drop would be ideal.

I thought that you could move the fields around in the selection menu.

You can.  There are Move Up and Move Down buttons to adjust your chosen fields.

Ahh, i see. It's in the popup dialog. neat thanks.

Still want more than 13 fields though... :D

Back