• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bugs bugs bugs: on iPhone and iPad version

s3kelly1

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I swear every time I try and do anything with this app I get a new error: this time it is:

IndexFull.html

JavaScript error: TypeError:
'undefined' is not an object on line
1341 for
file:///var/mobile/Applications/95D5
0D76-E6EE-45B4-87BF-
00734B0C8D24/BeerSmith%202.ap
p/www/beersmithFull.js

I haven't even tried to make a beer with it yet, just writing recipes and have had to reinstall 3 times

Hi
  Have you grabbed the latest updates?  I believe I corrected this error a week and a half ago.  If you are still having trouble please drop me an email through the BeerSmith "contact-us" page and I will work it very hard - I've been trying to correct mobile issues within a few days as new ones come up.

Brad

I just started getting a Java Script Error when I try and open a cloud recipe, others are OK.  Running v2.01.058

Attachments

• JavaScript Error.PNG
    JavaScript Error.PNG
    196.7 KB · Views: 379
Just updated to 2.01.059 and still get a JavaScript error

Should also indicate I am on an iPhone 5 v6.1.4

Attachments

• JavaScript Error2.PNG
    JavaScript Error2.PNG
    196.9 KB · Views: 376
So Brad has either gone off the grid or on a well deserved vacation...  So what's next. Start deleting my cloud recipes, re-upload them and hope they work?

Rick

Ok,
  Drop me an email - have not seen many errors with the latest updates (latest version) but its certainly possible you have a special case.  My email is beersmith at beersmith.com

Brad

Thanks Brad for working with me offline.  As you pointed out, my issue was due to special characters in the notes section.  I had inserted a smiley face in the recipe on my PC which caused the HTML error on my iPhone.  Once it was removed the recipe works just fine on my iPhone

Thanks much
Rick

Back