• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shopping List Weirdness - Import

bperetto

Brewer
Reaction score
I have imported all my recipes from promash as BeerXML via the conversion tool on the BeerXML website.

All in all, everything seems to be ok. (the Mash profile was all messed up, but no matter).  HOWEVER, when I add a recipe to my shopping list (I currently have nothing in inventory), all of the malts get added as 1# needed.

For example, I have a 35gallon Stout recipes that calls for 52 pounds of Maris Otter.  If I add that recipe to the shopping list, it says I need 1 pound of MO.  If I open the ingredient within the recipe, the "inventory" field looks fine.

If I use a sample recipe that came with BS, or is I remove and readd that 52 pounds of MO to the recipe, then the shopping list shows an accurate number.  FYI: the hops and other ingredients don't seem to be affected.

I tried importing another BeerXML file (from my online database) and I get the same problem.  I've also taken a good recipe (another sample that came with BS) exported it as BeerXML and re-imported it; and I get the same problem.  So it definitely seems like an import issue on the BeerSmith side  :-[

Thanks!!

Bryan

Bryan,
  I'm pretty sure this is a known bug.  There is an inventory flag that is set internally, and for some reason it is initialized incorrectly during BeerXML import.  I think I've already fixed it for the next release.

Brad

Back