• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Palm OS ?

Dunc,
  I have not yet explored Palm OS, but I did explore Pocket PC.  Unfortunately there are some limitations (mainly memory and data storage) make it difficult to put the full program on a pocket platform.  However, one could conceivably have a set of tools and limited recipe support built on a pocket platform.

Cheers!
Brad

That woud be great if I could take the recipe from my PC then down load it to my palm and run tools and timers on my Palm as I brew would be perfect. ;D

Dunc,

Ditto on a Palm OS version.  Being able to review your recipes at club meetings or homebrew shops would be extremely useful on a Palm!  Please keep us posted on this development.

Cheers!

Shakabrew
Michigan Homebrewers Guild

Dunc said:
;D
I would like to see a Palm OS verson of Beer Smith.

Dunc

I would love to see a Palm version. I really would like to have to portability to be able to carry it out to my brew session then download all the data to my Pc. Currently I am having to use the Laptop, which is no proble, but the Palm would make it very handy.

Spoon

Not me,  I'd love to see a pocket PC version, but then I don't have a palm.  Maybe something that will do everything on a cell phone, or an IPOD (Don't ask for much do we  ;).

I know that these things are difficult because of the memory restrictions, and I know Brad has looked at them, but let's at least let him get the new version out first.

Fred

Back