• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Where do I put in my boil pot volume?

CptnKickass

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my equipment for my 10 gallon mash tun and 6.5 gallon boil pot; however, I can't find where in the equipment profile settings to put my boil pot's volume.

Additionally, is there a way I can set my default equipment profile, and my default brew type to "All Grain"?

Kettle: Profiles > Equipment

All Grain: Tools > Options > Brewing

Completely setting things up in BeerSmith can take some time. It's worth the effort, though.

It's inferred by boil volume and/or batch volume. The screen isn't showing physical kettle size, but working capacity to reach your desired volume.

You'll never fill the kettle to the rim, so back off an appropriate boil headspace.

Start with checking the Calculate Boil Volume box. Set the batch volume based on your fermenter capacity, less space for Krausen. The default is 5.5 gallons to yield 5 when the beer is done.

Change your losses to what you actually experience. The boil volume should be reasonably full.

For more detail, see this excellent article: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,8579.0.html

Back