• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grain price at 0 in shopping list

Flopin

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

Either I export ingredients from a recipe or I import grain manually, the price of grains is reset at 0 even if the good price is set in the grain database or in the recipe.

This problem occurs only with grain, no problem with hops and adjuncs.

I am using BS 2.1.0.2 configured with european units (€/g for grain)
Running under win7 with , as decimal separator

Thanks,
  Are you only seeing this on grain export?  Is it just in export to a BSMX format or another format?

Thanks
Brad

I t is not related to an exportation file, I didn't explain it properly  ;)

I see that in the shopping list tab, for grain I had from a reicepe  or manually.

Does it stay that way if you use the Update Prices button?  That button is in the lower right portion of the Recipe tab.

If you get an error that items are not in the list, then the recipe or the ingredients are likely not in the folder that BeerSmith is looking for.

The update price function does work properly in the recipe tab. but then all malts have their price at 0 in the shoppig list

I use the shopping list function frequently and have not had prices become zero.

If the names stay consistent Ingredient Table(s) > Recipe > Shopping List, the price per item listed in the ingredients tables should transfer through. If you change the name of an ingredient, then the lookup will be lost.

Back