• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredients measurements change after quitting and reopening.

Chunks

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm kind new to brewing, and kinda new to beersmith, and already having some fun dealing with most recipes being from the US, while locally everything is metric.... somewhere in here, I am breaking Beersmith :)

There are a few ingredients that change every time I re-open beersmith. When I save it, they look fine. I am sure, since the values are only off by a bit, that it's somewhere due to a full batch being 19L when most convert to 18.93L or something. Maybe I shouldn't have tried converting everything to 19L?

Specifically it's my Ginger and Irish Moss additions that get saved weirdly. The Irish moss is saved as 5ml but shows up as 28 tsp after saving. Ginger is off by a few grams each time.

Attached is a screenshot:
FATxdQb.png

How do I fix this?

They're definitely set to metric. I've taken some screenshots of my settings here. I'm also happy to upload my configuration/data files etc. if it would be helpful. (I have hosting space, and I'm fairly comfortable with that sort of thing.)

Perhaps I should just do a default install and see if that helps.

There is some description under the pictures..

Anyway, here's the weirdness: http://imgur.com/a/JohKj

I'm having the same issue with Grains of Paradise/Seeds of Paradise, Table Sugar (Sucrose), and Lemon and Orange peel.  I think they were custom items I added to my program, if that helps.

The only difference I saw (other than the obvious volume) was that on the second the irish moss was in Tsp rather than the grams it was in the first.  Odd

Back