• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew steps not working!

brewmanDAN

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been having issues with my BeerSmith for a couple of weeks now.  Up until this point, everything has been working great.  I am not sure what caused this to happen, maybe with the most recent update, but I can no longer view the brew steps (which I typically print out for every brew day).  When I click on the brew steps button, the print preview page comes up, but it is completely blank and there is a little scroll showing that it is trying to load.  It just stays on this empty screen until I close out.  Also, on my recipes page, the view report section is completely blank.  I tried switching back and forth from all the options and nothing comes up.  I included some screenshots to show you what I am talking about.

Anyways, I have looked for solutions on all the other threads and none have worked.  I am currently running windows 7 with the latest updates on BeerSmith, Internet Explorer, and my printer drives.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

I love BeerSmith, but this problem is taking away all the reasons I use the program.  Please HELP!

Hi,
  BeerSmith has not been updated recently - more likely a Microsoft update broke something.  Make sure your Internet Explorer is up to date as BeerSmith uses it as a plugin for print and print preview.

Also you can try the direct preview pane on the main "My Documents" view.  If you go to My Documents, then go to the "reports" drop down in the preview window pane (bottom half) you can set the report to "Brewsheet" which will show the step-by-step instructions in the preview window.  You can also print it from there.

Brad

I have read through the previous threads and have a similar, but not identical issue.

Windows 8.1
BeerSmith 2.1.02

When I try to print/preview I see the following error:
Script Error
Line: 1905
Char: 1
Error: Invalid Argument
Code: 0
URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

IE is up to date, but I use Chrome as primary browser. I am unable to print from either the preview pane or the reports section of the My Recipes window. Thanks in advance for any tips/ideas.

Edited to clarify it was a script error.

Back