• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Additions not showing in order

grathan

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
For some reason one of my boil hop additions shows up in the middle of aroma steep additions and the yeast gets added in the middle of the boil hops?

additions #10 and #15 in this recipe.

Attachments

• recipe.bsmx
    29.9 KB · Views: 165
I see some of what you're saying, but not all.

In the recipe design sheet, the yeast is between the aroma and dry hops. Right where I'd expect it. I couldn't get it to show up within the boil.

The aroma/boil hop issue seems to be that the recipe design sort is weight>alphabetical. There is no real difference between 0 minute boil and aroma steep, since both are flameout additions. And, both get to sit in the kettle for the steep. Apparently, BeerSmith is taking that viewpoint, too. Your Simcoe is 2 oz, the next few are 1 oz, sorted alphabetically, then come the half oz additions.

When I view the recipe in the brewsheet and Brew Process TXT reports, everything lands where it's supposed to. Boil hops in the boil area, aroma with aroma. Yeast is in the Fermentation area.

Back