• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shopping List Issues

LostArkitekt

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am running BeerSmith 2.1.02 on a PC, Windows 7, 64-Bit.

My issues are the similar ones with inventory not being updated correctly in shopping list.  Next, I have ingredients in shopping list that were already subbed out in the recipes for other products.  For instance, I originally was going to use Styrian Goldings in a recipe, but LHBS didn't have it, so I substituted US Goldings, and now the shopping list still says Styrian Goldings, but it isn't in any recipe I have.

Thanks.

Shopping list hints:

Create a list right before you shop.

When you create the list, include the recipes you already have inventory for, but haven't brewed. Shopping list will deduct those recipes from inventory, giving you a true picture of what you need.

If you brew a recipe and deduct it from inventory, with an active shopping list in queue, the list will change to reflect that.

If you change an ingredient, just changing it in the recipe won't change an already created shopping list. You have to delete the ingredient from the shopping list and add the new ingredient before moving the list into inventory. It's easiest to just add the new item right into inventory.

Back